Here are some key attributes of 'Von':
- In a replicated trial at the Piedmont Research Station in Salisbury NC, total yield of ‘Von’ was 12,017 g/plant (24063 lbs/acre).
- In that same trial, marketable yield of ‘Von’ was 10,704 g/plant (21,434 lbs/acre).
- Fruit of ‘Von’ is medium size (6.6 g) has smaller drupelet and seed size compared to other cultivars.
- ‘Von’ produces fruit in the late season, with average date of harvest commencing in the third week of June, peaking in the second week of July and ending the first week of August.
- ‘Von’ has a marketable post harvest score of 90.6, which is as good or better than the leading commercial cultivars.
- Soluble sugars content of ‘Von’ was 9.4% and pH was 3.57, traits that characterize ‘Von’ as sweet with low acid.
For list of nurseries propagating Von go to